Students who plan to graduate at the end of the term should access their WISE account, apply for graduation, and pay the graduation fee.
Students must be enrolled in the last credits required to complete their program of study in order to walk in commencement with their peers. This does not automatically guarantee that the student will graduate with a certificate or degree.
Special Notice - Spring Term 2020 Deadline Revised
The deadline to apply to graduate has been revised to 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 23, 2020.
How to Apply to Graduate
- Sign into WISE
- Use the degree audit option to verify the student is enrolled in the last credits required for their program of study.
- Verify the following with an Academic Advisor:
- Residency credit requirements
- Grade point average (GPA)
- Testing requirements for the program of study, if applicable, have been satisfied
- Two years of the same foreign language have been satisfied
- In WISE, click "Apply to Graduate"
- Pay the graduation fee of $15.00
- Pay the additional commencement fee of $30.00 if you want to participate in the commencement ceremony. The payment for commencement includes cap and gown, which should be picked up at the College Store. An email will be generated to the student's PHSC Mail account after the application has been processed.
Students who applied for graduation, but did not successfully complete the program requirement at the end of the semester should reapply for graduation once the requirements have been met. As long as the student plans to graduate with the same degree or certificate originally applied for, there is no need to pay the $15.00 application fee again.