Applying to Pasco-Hernando State College (PHSC) on a student visa

Getting permission from your home country

Student visa:

  • Students wishing to study in the United States are required to apply for a student visa.
  • The available student visas are F and M.   
  • Students who meet the admissions requirements to attend a school in the U.S. are issued an I-20 form.

The student, upon receipt of the I-20 form, will meet with the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in their home country to receive approval of the F1 visa.

International students wishing to apply to PHSC should follow the steps listed below:

Transfer F-1 students:

Students already studying in the U.S and wishing to transfer to PHSC must submit the following: 

Steps to get a student visa

Although the process may vary or require additional steps, depending on applicant's country and embassy or consulate, applicants will need the following when applying for a student visa:

Arriving in the U.S.:

Students entering the U.S. to study for the first time are not allowed to enter the U.S. more than 30 days before the program start date indicated on the I-20 form. Students are expected to present the documents listed below to Customs and Border Protection (CBP) upon arrival in the U.S.:

Meeting with the DSO:

Visiting home country:

Students planning to visit their homeland during winter or spring break are expected to notify the DSO of their travel plans.