Dual Enrollment for Private School Students
Students attending private schools have the exciting opportunity of taking advantage of PHSC's Dual Enrollment program to earn college credit and credit towards their high school graduation simultaneously. To do so, each private school must have an individual PHSC Articulation Agreement approved before students apply to the college or register for classes.
The Articulation Agreement follows the policies of the State and is a contract that outlines the expectations and specific responsibilities of the two institutions (private school and college). Students must initially qualify for Dual Enrollment by having an unweighted high school GPA of 3.0 or above.
The college requires articulation agreements to be in effect in order for secondary students to attend classes at PHSC as dual enrollment students.
Important note: The Articulation Agreement process must be repeated for each academic year that the private school wishes to enroll students in PHSC’s dual enrollment program. It will be the non-public/private school’s responsibility to submit the necessary paperwork to PHSC by May 30 of each year.
- Step 1: Articulation Agreement Process
- Complete, date and sign both the Dual Enrollment Articulation Agreement Information Form - Non-Public Private School and the Articulation Agreement. By signing this Articulation Agreement, the non-public school is certifying that the school is in compliance with Florida Statutes 1002.01 and 1002.42.
- Provide a copy of official documentation of the eligible grade level for each dually enrolled student (see Articulation Agreement for eligible grade level).
- Provide written documentation that each student maintains an overall unweighted grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above as is required.
- Review PHSC’s current .
Submit all requested information to:
Director, Dual Enrollment
Pasco-Hernando State College
10230 Ridge Road
New Port Richey, FL 34654
Please note: During periods when the campuses are not open, emailing the materials to Academic Affairs is preferable.
- Step 2: Additional Articulation Agreement Information
- After completing and returning the Articulation Agreement, the agreement must be approved and signed by PHSC’s District Board of Trustees before a term begins in order for students to be eligible to enroll in classes.
- The Articulation Agreement will be in effect from the date signed by PHSC through the end of that academic year’s summer term in accordance with the dates published in the current College Catalog and Student Handbook.
- If approved, a signed copy of the Articulation Agreement will be emailed to the home school or non-public/private school.
- A copy of the current Florida Department of Education Articulation Coordinating Committee Statewide Agreement for Dual Enrollment Courses - High School Equivalency List is available at the Florida Department of Education website.
Dual Enrollment Articulation Agreement Deadlines
The deadline for submission private school dual enrollment articulation agreements are as follows:
|Fall 2021-1, August 2020||May 29, 2020|
|Fall 2021-1B, October 2020||August 28, 2020|
|Spring 2021-2, January 2021||October 30, 2020|
|Spring 2021-2B, March 2021||January 29, 2021|
|Summer 2021-3, May 2021||January 29, 2021|